Vanilla almond nut butter vegan protein bars
A gluten and dairy free vegan recipe with added protein, vitamins and taste.
- Meridian Almond nut butter - 1/2 cup
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil - 1/3 cup melted
- Raw honey - 2 tbsp
- Alpro unsweetened almond milk - 2/3 cups plus 1/2 cup to add sparingly
- Ground cinnamon - 1 tsp
- Ground Mixed seeds - 1 cup
- Ground Flax seeds - 1 cup
- Desiccated Coconut - 1 cup
- Chopped apricots - 8
- Genetic Supplements vegan vanilla protein - 50g
- Sunflower seeds - 1 tbsp (for topping)
Mix together the honey, almond nut butter, almond milk, lemon juice and coconut oil. Microwave for 1 minute.
Mix the cinnamon, mixed seeds, flax seeds, coconut, apricots and vanilla whey in a separate bowl.
Place the dry mix into the food processor and blend to chop the apricots.
Slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry mix. Ensure that your mix isn’t too sloppy. It should be quite stiff in consistency.
Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Spoon the mix into the tray. Sprinkle on the pumpkin seeds. Freeze for 30 minutes at least. Slice and eat.
You can keep this in the freezer to use as and when require, or keep in the fridge.