- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Serving: 1
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 311
- Carbohydrate Content: 23
- Fat Content: 5
- Protein Content: 41
Sweet potato protein pancakes
Gluten free, dairy free, high protein, low fat, carb source pancakes. As a breakfast or as a snack they are great to eat around your training either as pre or post workout.
Preheat your oven to 200C.
Cut the sweet potato in half and bake until soft, about 40 minutes. Once baked cut the potato in half, scoop the flesh into a bowl and leave to cool.
- Once cooled, combine the remaining ingredients and mix well. If the mixture is a little wet add more protein powder or use some gluten free oats or almond / coconut flour.
- Heat the coconut oil in a non-stick pan and scoop the pancake batter into the sizzling oil. I recommend cooking no more than two pancakes at a time.
- When the pancake is easy to move up from the pan – ie. it doesn't stick - flip it over (about 1 and half minutes) and continue cooking, dropping the heat to medium. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Using a fish slice, spoon onto a warm plate and cover whilst you continue cooking your batch.
- Enjoy with a tablespoon of fresh berries and/ or yoghurt if you like!
- It makes 4-6 palm sized pancakes and serves 2.