- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 12
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- : 176
- : 23.5g
- : 6.25g
- : 5g
Spiced Orange Cake
This is a naturally gluten and dairy free cake with a seasonal spice twist. It is light and fluffy in texture and the fresh orange infuses through the sponge layer keeping it moist and increasing the flavour as it sits. Grain free and soy free to boot it is a cake that almost every allergy sufferer can enjoy.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a large cake tin.
- Peel and slice your oranges and lay them on the bottom of the cake tin.
- In a mixing bowl Place the semolina, sukrin, spices and baking powder.
- Add the melted coconut oil and eggs. Mix well.
- Add the almond milk and mix well. Ensure it is the texture of a normal cake mix.
- Pour the mix carefully over the oranges and spread for an even coverage.
- Pop in the oven for 20-30 minutes and check. Bake a little longer if necessary until firm and golden.
- Sprinkle over the Sukrin icing sugar and grated orange rind.