- Yield: 8
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2h 30 min
- Serving: 8
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- : 177.25
- : 7.482g
- : 10.7g
- : 5.94g
- : 12.9g
- : 27mg
- : 2g
- : 27.5mg
- : 5.6g (naturally occurring)
Slow Cook Protein Banana Bread
This recipe takes only 10 minutes to prepare the mix and then you can leave it to bake for 2 to 3 hours in the slow cooker, leaving you free to be able to get on with other things. You may also wonder why I choose to make it in a slow cooker? I find that the slow cooker keeps it warm and moist much longer. You can also leave the slow cooker on “warm” meaning you can have lovely warm delicious protein banana bread for much longer. This is one my husbands favourites despite the fact he doesn’t like bananas!
- Medium Ripe Bananas - 2
- DrZaks Coconut Oil - 1/3 Cup (or other, measured before melting!)
- MusclefoodUK Vitafibre - 1/2 Cup (you can use honey or agave but this will change the calorific and sugar content!)
- Vanilla Essence - 1-2 tbsp
- Reduced Fat Tinned Coconut Milk - 4 tbsp (or I use @AlproUK coconut milk which has a thinner consistency but even less fat content)
- Medium Eggs - 3 (or vegan egg substitute equivalent)
- Almond Flour - 2 Cups (or even ground almonds will work)
- Baking Powder - 1 tsps
- Vanilla Vegan Genetic Suppliment Protein Powder - 2 Servings
- In the large mixing bowl mash up the bananas with the fork.
- Add the melted coconut oil to the bowl. Stir in the vitafibre, vanilla, coconut milk, and eggs (or vegan substitute!).
- Mix thoroughly. Add the flour and baking powder, mix again. Your mixture will be a little runny like a pancake mix. Do not worry, this is perfectly normal.
- Add the protein powder and again mix thoroughly. You will find that this thickens the mix but it will not appear to be like a normal cake mix.
- Line your slow cooker with the grease proof paper, and pour your mix in.
- Cook on low for an hour. If you wish at this point add the banana chips for decoration.
- Cook for a further hour until the bread is firm in the middle. The top of the cake will also turn a golden brown.
- Once finished remove from the slow cooker by lifting the paper out and then place on a cooling tray, or you can slice and leave in the cooker to keep warm throughout the day, or for a delicious breakfast.