Pulled Pork Pie & Pies
This one takes a little more effort but is definitely worth it. We all crave comfort foods from time to time, but what if you could still eat your pie and not feel that guilt about the carbs, or even if you are just looking for a gluten free, wheat free dairy free pastry alternative this could be what you were waiting for.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees C. Ensure your 2 pouches are thoroughly defrosted.
- In a mixing bowl place the pea protein powder, the baking powder and crack in your 4 medium eggs. Mix thoroughly until a dough starts to form.
- If the mix is too dry and a dough isn't forming add some unsweetened almond milk cautiously.
- You should be able to knead the dough with your hands without it sticking to you. When you have this consistency, let it sit while you empty the contents of the pouches into a pie dish.
- Lift the dough on to a rolling board and cover your rolling pin with a little pea powder. Turn the dough a 1/4 turn every now and then to ensure an even thickness.
- Repeat this until you have enough to cover your pie dish.
- Lay the dough over and trim to fit the dish. Use the cut away spares to make the edging.
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown. (You can brush the top of the pie with egg to enhance the growing if you wish!).
- Serve with peas & gravy if you wish.