- Yield: 4
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Serving: 4
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- : 785.5
- : 55g
- : 49g
- : 42g
Protein Pumpkin Pie
This simple dessert is inspired by the festive American dish the Pumpkin Pie. It is a protein enhanced sweet treat the is multi-allergy friendly. Wheat, Gluten, Grain, Egg, Dairy, Sugar, Soy free.
- Stevia - 1/4 cup
- Almond Flour - 4 cups
- Alpro unsweetened almond milk - 1/3 cup
- Pumpkin puree - 1 Jar
- Steenbergs pumpkin pie spice blend - 3 tsps
- Vanilla Vegan Genetic Supplement Protein Powder - 2 scoops (1 serve)
- Gelatine Sheet (Or vegan equivalent) - 4 sheets
- Coyo yoghurt - 250mg
- Toasted marshmallow sugar free syrup - 2 squirts
- In your food processor place ¼ cup stevia, 4 cups almond flour, 1/3 cup almond milk. Blend together. This will make the pie base. Unlike normal pastry you shouldn’t try to roll this out. Take some of the mix (again not too sloppy but slightly sticky) and press into your pie moulds evenly.
- Cook in a pre-heated oven for 15 mins on 180 degrees.
- In a bowl mix 1 jar of pumpkin puree, 3 tsps of Steenbergs pumpkin pie spice blend, add 2 scoops of vanilla protein. Add 4 melted leaves of gelatine to help it set.
- When the shortbread bases are ready, spoon the pumpkin mix onto the shortbread pastry. Leave it to set in the fridge.
- For the topping you need 1 cup of either Coyo or Fage Total Greek yoghurt and mix with 2 shots of tasted marshmallow sugar free Sweet Bird syrup. Spoon the mix onto the pumpkin.
- Sprinkle a little of the pumpkin spice for decoration.