Mini snack pies
These little protein pies are a cheeky little sweet treat, suitable for those with gluten and dairy allergies.
I have a few different ideas which are a variation of a theme but I will give you the basic recipe for the pastry base and then let your imagination run wild.
- To start add the cashews to a food processor and chop finely. Soaking them overnight may help this process.
- Add the other ingredients and blend to a smooth dough. The dough should be stiff and sticky so when you roll it in your hand none sticks to you.
- You need to break off balls of the dough. Then press into a pre greased molded baking tray.
- If you put too much in there won’t be enough of a pie cavity to hold the contents.
Bake for 12 mins or until golden brown in a pre heated oven at 180 degrees.
Allow to cool. Then fill with your favourite combinations.
- This dough quantity makes 24 mini pies.