Nutrition facts (per portion)
- : 184
- : 10g
- : 14g
- : 6g
Healthier Mince Pies
These mince pies are a healthier version of the traditional festive treat. They are also gluten, wheat, grain, dairy, egg, soy and processed sugar free. They are suitable for coeliacs. This said they are so tasty most people that try them prefer them to traditional versions.
- Pre heat your oven to 180 degrees
- Place the stevia, almond flour and almond milk into your mixer or food processor. Mix thoroughly until it starts to form a dough. Then kneed it a little by hand. The mix shouldn't be too sloppy or too dry.
- Coat each pie dimple with a little melted coconut oil.
- Take some of the mix and press it into the pie dimple in your baking tray. Do not try to roll out this type of pastry.
- Ensure each dimple is evenly covered and there are no gaps. Repeat this process until each dimple is covered.
- Pop them into the oven for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile place all the fruit, syrup and spices into your processor and blend thoroughly.
- Lift the pies out of the oven and spoon the mix evenly into each one. Try not to overfill them to avoid spilling.
- Place back in the oven and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- I like to serve them hot from the oven with a little Almond Dream Salted Caramel, or Vanilla Booja Booja.