- Yield: 16
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 16
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- : 166
- : 9.75g
- : 13g
- : 3.25g
Lemon & Poppy seed Buns!
This is a fresh spring tasting recipe which produces moist, refreshing little snacks that are not only wheat, gluten, dairy, soy, sugar and grain free, but the poppy seeds yield a natural pain relief effect. Ideal sweet treats for someone in recovery from an operation for example!
- Pre heat the oven to 150 degrees C.
- In a mixing bowl add you ground almonds, xylitol and poppy seeds.
- Into this break your eggs and mix well.
- Melt the coconut oil in the microwave or on the hob in a saucepan and add to the cake mix. Stir thoroughly until it starts to become a thick, stiff mix.
- Add the lemon juice and mix through thoroughly.
- If you feel the mix is a little stiff, dry of thick still, add a little unsweetened almond milk until you have a traditional cake mix consistency.
- Place a dessert spoon measure into each of the paper or silicon bun cases on a baking tray (you should have approximately 16 buns). Level the mix in each of the cases before placing them in the oven for 30 minutes or until light brown in colour.
- Enjoy for breakfast, as a snack or special treat.