GSN Ostrich Meat Rizopia Lasagne
If you love your comfort foods, this is a fabulously easy, gluten, wheat, grain, cow dairy, soy, processed sugar free version of the classic lasagne has excellent macros. Using ostrich meat also means this recipe would be approved by the British heart foundation as they advocate this meat as the only red meat you should be eating.
- GSN Ostrich burger - 2
- Chopped Tomatoes - 1 tin
- Low Fat Feta Cheese - 100g
- unsweetened almond milk - 1/4 cup
- Vita Fibre/Agave or Honey - 1 Tsp
- Hale Naturals Original PB powder - 2 Tsp
- Mustard - 1 Tsp
- Garlic Powder - 1 Tsp
- Chilli Flakes - 1 Tsp
- Oregano - 1 Tsp
- Chives - 1 Tsp
- Rizopia Lasagne - enough for 3 layers
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees C.
- Defrost your ostrich burgers and break each one up with a fork. Place the meat from one burger into the bottom of your oven proof dish. Spread half of the tin of tomatoes on top of the meat and season with the chives, garlic, oregano and chilli flakes to taste. Lay an even spread of Rizopia lasagne on to the meat.
- Spread the meat from the second burger on top of the Rizopia and repeat the tomatoes and seasoning.
- Place your final layer of Rizopia on to this and cover with the Alpro unsweetened almond milk dressing. (to make this you need, ¼ cup of unsweetened almond milk, 2 tsp of Hale Naturals peanut powder, 1 tsp Vitafibre, 1tsp mustard, mix thoroughly in a bowl and spread onto of the lasagne.) sprinkle the 100g feta onto the sauce and season with chives and chilli flakes.
- Bake in the pre heated oven for 30 mins on 200 degrees C which should be sufficient time, test by pushing a knife through the middle to make sure that the Rizopia layer is soft. If not cook for a further 10mins.