- Yield: 16
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Serving: 16
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- Calories: 138
- Carbohydrate Content: 20g
- Fat Content: 0.05g
- Protein Content: 7g
Dark Chocolate and Beetroot Protein Brownies
This high carb protein brownie is nut free, dairy free, sugar free, wheat free, gluten free, soy free and perfect for a post work out snack or a carb loading day. With a tangy, moist taste and texture that is not too sickly or sweet. The colour is beautiful dark red velvet and reflects the rich beetroot concentrate.
- Pre heat your oven to 170 degrees C. Grease a brownie tin with some coconut oil, make sure you cover the base and sides.
- In a large mixing bowl add all the dry ingredients.
- Mix in the eggs.
- Add the melted coconut oil.
- Add the beetroot juice.
- Add the choc shot.
- Finally add the dark chocolate in chunks to break up the texture.
- Make sure the mix is thoroughly blended and then pour into the tin and smooth out so the mix is even.
- Bake for 25 minutes and leave to cool before cutting into 16 slices.
- I decorated with a little Sukrin icing sugar.