Coffe & Walnut Cake
I love coffee and walnut cake, and since my allergies were diagnosed have craved it as a treat. I developed this recipe so that it is wheat, gluten, soya, processed sugar, and dairy free. It is a lovely moist cake which keeps quite well, unless the family are visiting!
- Pre heat your oven to 200 degrees.
- Stir the almond flour, baking powder, cocoa powder and stevia together in a bowl.
- Whisk your eggs and add the coffee to the egg mix. Add the melted coconut oil and stir thoroughly.
- Add the wet ingredients gradually to the dry ingredients and stir so it is well mixed. Stir in your crushed walnuts.
- Grease a round cake tin (easiest if its loose bottomed) with a little coconut oil. Pour your mix into the cake tin. It is a little runny in texture. Definitely runnier than a standard cake.
- Bake for 30mins or until risen and firm. Leave to cool completely. Serve and enjoy. Xx