- Yield: 1
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10hrs minutes
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- : 945
- : 1g
- : 53g
- : 115g
Clove & Pear Slow Cooked Ham
Festive spiced slow cooked ham joint. Pear, clove, cinnamon and mixed spice merge to produce this beautiful dish which gets better the longer you leave it.
- I love my slow cooker and this recipe is a perfect example of why. Place the ham joint in the slow cooker with the fat topside up. (It will become crackling) You don't need to add any liquids or oils!
- Slice 2 pears in half & place them around the ham joint.
- Rub 2 tsps mixed spice into the fat and meat.
- Push the cloves into the meat sharp end first.
- Drizzle 2 dessert spoons of honey onto the fat.
- Pop 3 or 4 cinnamon sticks around the ham joint.
- Cook on low for a minimum of 6-8 hours. 10 hours preferably.
- Leave to sit for 24hrs for a beautifully infused festive flavoured meat.