- Yield: 2
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Serving: 2
Nutrition facts (per portion)
- : 626
- : 36g
- : 30g
- : 55g
Balsamic glazed bacon wrapped cherry GSN Chicken with green lentils
A festive twist on the traditional Turkey & Cranberry meal with festive colours & flavours with a high protein yield.
- Pre heat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Bring 2 cups of water to the boil in a saucepan on the hob. Bring the lentils to the boil and then simmer until tender. It usually takes around 30 minutes. Rinse until cool.
- In a bowl mix the Sukrin and Balsamic together.
- Ensure the chicken breasts are thawed thoroughly.
- Spread a tbsp of coconut jam over 3 sides of the chicken breast and top with 1 tsp sour morello cherries.
- Wrap 3 streaks of bacon around each chicken breast and secure underneath and place then in a roasting tin.
- Cook for 30 minutes. Basting with the balsamic glaze twice in the last 10 minutes.
- In a bowl toss the cooked lentils with the shredded pear, parsley, lemon juice a little walnut oil and serve with the chicken when its ready.